Retirement Plan Administrator
Lexington, Kentucky Office
The Retirement Plan Administrator (“RPA”) is focused on providing an exceptional client service experience as part of a team environment through timely, superior client service. The RPA will affect many different aspects of the MCF Institutional division by supporting the division in a wide array of activities, including: plan compliance, plan design and demographic analysis, plan record audit and data retention, and proposal preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities
This role can expect to focus their work in the following areas:
- Engage and respond to inbound communications from Plan Sponsors / Clients
- Responsible for retirement plan compliance and offering technical support to Plan Sponsors for employer match and profit sharing analysis, testing, fiduciary files, etc.
- Maintain Plan Sponsor records and Plan files, including Investment Reviews, Service Agreements, Plan Documents and Amendments, Summary Plan Description, 401a & 404c Participant Notices, etc.
- Assist Plan Sponsors in implementing plan design changes & initiatives. Effectively communicate the necessary regulatory information and testing requirements, etc.
- Analyze employee demographic information and prepare plan sponsor quarterly activity report
- Support Plan Sponsors with activity flows between HR Dept/TPA /Custodian
- Assist in the preparation of requests for proposals for new business opportunities as needed; including preparation of vendor and/or client fee benchmarking
- New Client Onboarding—assist Plan Consultant in preparation of agreements and onboarding documents; guiding the communications calendar, i.e. keeping conversion moving forward
- Prepare Plan Highlight sheets including updated plan parameters
- Manage the Fund Change process – from Plan Sponsor approval to execution (coordination of service providers, approving participant notices, updated agreements, and confirming changes are live).
- Support the MCF Institutional division’s activity moving forward by assisting with client communication, follow up, questions, and other day-to-day tasks